How to change Browzar's home and search page
Browzar is a free web browser based on the Internet Explorer rendering
engine. On Browzar's web page the developers talk about the freedom
you will achieve by using the browser:
freedom to surf the web with complete privacy
freedom to use it wherever you are
freedom to search for whatever you want
freedom to use it whenever you want
But you are not free to change the homepage! Remarkable.
How to change Browzar's home page and search page using a hex editor
The following step-by-step guide will help you to change Browzar's home and
search page to Google.com. The instructions has been verified for
Browzar Black Theme Beta release: Version: 184.108.40.206.
- Download browzar here: http://www.browzar.com/download/download_1.htm. The file should be named BrowzarBlackWin.exe.
- Download HHD Software's hex editor. It is freeware.
- Install the hex editor.
- Start hex editor
- Open BrowzarBlackWin.exe in the hex editor.
- In the hex editor, scroll down to location 00012390. See the screenshot below.
- Use the hex editor to modify BrowzarBlackWin.exe. The result should look exactly as in the screenshot below:
- Press CTRL-S to save the modified file
- Exit the hex editor
- Start Browzar. You're done